Thursday, July 10, 2008

Hand Foot Mouth Disease!?!?!

Yes, that's right Hand Foot Mouth disease has made its way into our household. We are beyond lucky! In a way I suppose we are since only Charlotte has it. I was pretty certain it was chicken pox and her vaccine for it failed but nope. The good of all of this is that I am off work until Tuesday while we are in "quarantine" from all other people. It will be nice to be able to relax and enjoy ourselves knowing full well that we can't really go anywhere or do much.

She doesn't seem uncomfortable and is going about her usual self.....now. The last week was absolute misery. I figured she was just "exercising her independence" and all before since she will be 2 soon. It turns out it was this....woops!

On my first day home I was able to finally finally get the last of my flowers in. They have been sitting in the spot where I actually wanted them planted for 3 weeks now. I also have 2 tomato plants that are thriving. I can't wait until they are ripe and ready to eat. I'll have to take some pictures and post them.

This summer we aren't going anywhere fancy or doing much at all. This is the first summer that both Dave & I are working and that's hectic enough for the kids. They look forward to and enjoy the weekends we get at home. Next year though we do plan on doing something, just not too sure what as of yet.

So I will be back to post those tomato pictures and the ones of my poor girl and her "spots". She says she's a 'eeta' aka cheetah.

2 comments:

Marlyn said...

LOL on "eeta"! Sorry for the HFM -- so many people have gotten that recently. What are her symptoms? I have god awful sores in my mouth and I've been wondering. Nothing anywhere else though.

Rachel said...

Oh, that can't be any fun. Crossing my fingers that Charlotte doesn't pass it on.