Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Interior Overhaul

This year we are focusing on the inside of our house and making it our 'own'. We've been here for two years and haven't really put our personal touches anywhere. It's been all about function and practicality. Last year we focused on the backyard and getting it all set up for the kids. It's literally a playground out there and they love it!

So, we are going to paint, paint, paint. I love painting and making things fresh. I have some ideas for the kids rooms but at the same time have so many ideas that I'm not too sure which to choose. This weekend we are going to tackly the kitchen. The walls are covered in tongue-in-groove dark pine. It makes the kitchen so dingy and dark and I just want to brighten it up some. I think a nice yellow is in order.

For each weekend after that we'll tackly another room. It will be awhile before we do our diningroom since it is the kids playroom and the kitchen is plenty large enough to be an eat in. I was filling some holes on the weekend just taking stock of things and storing things we no longer need/use and I realized that the only thing somewhat babyish that we have left is the gate that's a 1/4 of the way up the stairs. Even that will be going soon now that Max is potty trained and Charlotte starts.

Just like that I have 3 CHILDREN...no real toddlers/babies CHILDREN! Oh my!

With these children come all of their wonderful sayings. Here are a few of their favorites of late.

Charlotte - "My Mommy/Daddy Max, not you!" "C'mon Mom/Dad" and my favorite..."Iss, Iss, Iss please"

Max - "Excuse me, do you wanna go back to your room?" "It wasn't me it was Charlotte" "HAYDEN.....wanna play?"

Hayden - "Remember before I was here we....." "I had a dream that ...." "I'm not a baby anymore Mom, I read chapter books"

Can you hear me sobbing?

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I'm kinda jealous that you are doing an interior overhaul...but, we finally decided that this house really is too small for us and we're going to start getting it ready to sell sometime next year.

Marlyn said...

I love the quotes. Adorable.

Greggie's is "How 'bout no?" when she doesn't want to do something. Attitude, that one. Oh, and because we have little potties in each room for her sometimes Alex uses them. Whenever I ask, "Who peed in here?" Greggie says, "Poodle!" and Alex says, "Greggie!" LOL